The Pan-American Cornea Society (PanCornea), former Ibero-american Cornea Society, is an independent, international society that has as its mission the promotion of the exchange of technical and scientific information among the ophthalmologists of the Americas specializing in cornea and external eye disease.
To achieve this mission, PanCornea will act to organize and disseminate specialized information through conferences, meetings, academic events and publications; and will incorporate study groups for different topics in cornea and external eye disease, including dry eye and ocular surface diseases.
PanCornea has as its goal to be recognized as the representative society of specialists in cornea and external eye disease of the Americas, both regionally and globally.
For Regular Members, requirements include:
1) Letter of request to the President of Pan Corneastating desire to become a member of the Society.
2) Letter of recommendation from a Pan CorneaMember
3) Curriculum Vitae summarizing general data,professional development, and time dedicatedto the areas of the cornea and ocular surface,publications in peer-reviewed journals and/orpresentations in high-impact regional/globalmeetings in the above mentioned areas.
4) Diplomas of their medical education,ophthalmology residency and fellowship training
5) Applicants will be periodically evaluated bythe Board and might be asked to present a lecture/case as an entry thesis at the PAAO or Pan Corneabiannual meetings.
2019-2021 Board of Directors
President Juan Carlos Abad, MD
Vice President Daniel Scorsetti, MD
Past President Victor L. Perez, MD
Founding President Jose Alvaro Gomes Pereira
Member Coordinator Andres Rosas, MD
Secretary Treasurer Guillermo Amescua, MD
Regional Director Coordinator Enrique O. Graue Hernandez, MD, MSC
Director of Communications Alfonso Sabater, MD, PhD